Your kit contains:
> Two part EasySet Dental Impression Gel
> Precision fitting tray
> Self-seal bag
> Pre-paid shipping box
- Refrigerate the putty for 15 minutes (putty is heat sensitive and may set up too fast if it is too warm). You can still use your putty if you leave it in the refrigerator for more than 15 minutes, but remember that the recommended storage temperature is 59°F-78° F.
- Prepare a clean surface and gather the items you will need to create your self-impression mold (you may want to do this in front of a mirror to assist in proper placement of the mouthguard tray):
> Small sauce pan with boiling water
> Small bowl with cold water
- Try on the mouthguard tray. The tray should extend all the way over your back teeth. If the tray feels like it is too long (extends beyond your last molar), cut it with scissors at the furthest slot on the tray (Fig 1). Retry tray in mouth. If still too long, trim at remaining slot.
- Bring water to a boil in sauce pan, then remove from heat. Place the fitting tray in the hot water for 30 seconds (Fig 2). Immediately immerse tray completely in cool water for about 1 to 5 seconds (Fig 3).
- Place tray in mouth and bite down firmly. Use your fingers to push tray against your teeth and gums (Fig 4). The tray will form and cool within 30 seconds. Remove the tray and rinse under cool water and let it dry completely.
- Remove putty from refrigerator. Knead the two putties together with your fingers until it is one uniform color, about 30 seconds (Fig 5). Form the putty into a cylinder shape, about 3-4 inches long (Fig 6).
- Immediately place just enough putty in the tray to fill the tray (Fig 7). NOTE: There may be extra putty, which you can dispose of. The putty should be flush to the top of the tray.
- Quickly place the tray with the putty in your mouth and bite down firmly until you feel your teeth contact the tray (Fig 8), pulling your upper lip over the front of the tray. Be sure the putty has good contact with all of your teeth, especially back molars. Relax and hold this position for about 2-3 minutes. You should be able to feel the impression material hardening under your lip. Leave in mouth until the putty outside the tray becomes firm.
- Remove tray with self-impression mold from your mouth. A good impression should include all of your teeth and extend to the gum tissue above the teeth. (Fig 9) Rinse self-impression mold in warm water and let dry 5 to 10 minutes, then return it to its plastic bag.
- In the shipping box provided, include your self-impression mold and completed order form (Fig 10). (If you customized online, remember to print out your order form.) Close and mail to the Shock Doctor Dental Lab. You will receive your Shock Doctor Custom Mouthguard in approximately 2 weeks at the address provided on the order form.
If you have questions, contact Shock Doctor Customer Service